Thanks for stopping by
I’m Helen OcleeBrown BA (hons) MA MITI, a language geek who wants to make your business look as good as possible in English. My translations have been helping companies boost their reputations since 2009. Be one of them.
- BA (hons) is for my undergraduate degree in French and Spanish (University of Southampton)
- MA is for my master’s degree in Technical and Specialised Translation (University of Westminster)
- MITI shows that I am a full, qualified member of ITI, the only independent professional association of practising translators and interpreters in the United Kingdom
- Mediterranean Editors and Translators Meeting (METM) (October 2015)
- Course on 'High-impact business writing', University of California, Irvine, via Cousera (August 2015)
- Webinar on 'The dos and don’ts of digital content writing', CIM (July 2015)
- EU Revision workshop, ITI London Regional Group and European Commission Directorate General for Translation (June 2015)
Experience: an end-to-end view of the translation process
Before going freelance, I worked as a terminologist in a highly skilled linguistic support team for an international marketing company. I then became an in-house translator and project manager at a young, all-hands-on-deck translation company.
My experience has shown me that collaboration is key to good translation. That’s why I work closely with my clients and fellow professionals to get the best results possible.
- Talk at the University of Westminster about how to get into freelance translation (October 2015)
- Panel discussion on young people in translation at the Language Show Live (October 2015)
- ITI volunteer at the Language Show Live (October 2015)