Thanks for stopping by
I’m Helen OcleeBrown BA (hons) MA MITI, a language geek who wants to make your business look as good as possible in English. My translations have been helping companies boost their reputations since 2009. Be one of them.
- BA (hons) is for my undergraduate degree in French and Spanish (University of Southampton)
- MA is for my master’s degree in Technical and Specialised Translation (University of Westminster)
- MITI shows that I am a full, qualified member of ITI, the only independent professional association of practising translators and interpreters in the United Kingdom
- I attended and spoke at ITI's 2017 conference in Cardiff.
Experience: an end-to-end view of the translation process
Before going freelance, I worked as a terminologist in a highly skilled linguistic support team for an international marketing company. I then became an in-house translator and project manager at a young, all-hands-on-deck translation company.
My experience has shown me that collaboration is key to good translation. That’s why I work closely with my clients and fellow professionals to get the best results possible.
- I serve on MET's governing council as Promotion Chair.
- I was a tutor on ITI's SUFT course for new translators for two years.
- I was a member of ITI's Professional Development Committee until 2017.